Science Communication Unit conferences and seminars.
There are currently no upcoming events.
Sci Comm South West Conference 21 June 2019
The South West is a hub for science communication, with a wide range of organisations contributing to the sector. The first Sci Comm South West conference offered an opportunity to celebrate the diversity of this expertise and reflect on the challenges we face.
- Science in Public Conference 2015: Research, Practice, Impact
- Evolving Science Communication - Celebrating 10 Years of Science Communication at UWE Bristol (4 April 2014)
The Science Communication Unit runs an exciting seminar series throughout the year linked to the MSc Science Communication postgraduate programmes.
Previous seminar speakers have included:
- Justine Alford – IFL Science News Editor
- Doug Allan – award-winning wildlife photographer and cameraman
- Bridget Appleby - Producer, BBC Natural History Unit
- Patrick Aryee – award-winning wildlife TV presenter
- Justin Dillon - Professor of Science and Environmental Education, Exeter University
- Simon Garrett and Natasha Filer – Bristol Zoo
- Andrea Geipel - PhD student at Post/Doc Lab Digital Media at the MCTS, Technical University of Munich
- Tom Heap – BBC Countryfile presenter
- Dr Sam Illingworth, Senior Lecturer in Science Communication, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Sophie Pavelle - Adventurous zoologist, science communicator and former MSc Science Communication Student, at UWE Bristol
- Cristina Rigutto - Communications consultant and social media editor at Public Understanding of Science Journal
- Ben Southwell – Series Producer, BBC History of Science Fiction
- Iain Stewart – Professor of Geoscience Communication at University of Plymouth and well-known science television presenter
- Brendan Walker – The Thrill Engineer