Publications from the Governance and Accountability Research Group (GARG)
Below are a selection of the latest publications by members of the Governance and Accountability Research Group:
- Adelopo, I., Yekini, K., Maina, R., and Wang, Y. (2021). Board composition and voluntary risk disclosure during uncertainty. International Journal of Accounting.
- Ramdani, Boumediene, Ahmed Binsaif, Elias Boukrami, and Cherif Guermat. Business models innovation in investment banks: a resilience perspective. Asia Pacific Journal of Management (2020): 1-28.
- El-Gebeily, E., Guermat, C., and Vendrame, V. (2021). Managerial optimism and investment decision in the UK. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 100519.
- Adomako, S., Ning, E., and Adu‐Ameyaw, E. (2021). Proactive environmental strategy and firm performance at the bottom of the pyramid. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(1), 422-431.
- Meier, F. (2020). The age of cheap money and passive investing: Are pro forma earnings value relevant?. Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, 9(2), 1-35.
- Paavolainen, S., and Carr, C. (2020). Security properties of light clients on the ethereum blockchain. IEEE Access, 8, 124339-124358.
- Ramdani, B., Guermat, C., and Mellahi, K. (in press). The effect of downsizing on innovation outputs: The role of resource slack and constraints. Australian Journal of Management.
- Shishany, A. A., Al-Omush, A., and Guermat, C. (2020). The impact of economic value added (EVA) adoption on stock performance. Accounting, 6(5), 687-704.
- Guermat, C., Misirlioglu, I. U., and Al-Omush, A. (2019). The long-term effect of economic value added adoption on the firm’s business decision. Accounting Research Journal, 32(3), 496-513.
- Massoudi, D., Koh, S. K., Hancock, P. J., and Fung, L. (2017). The effectiveness of usage of online multiple choice questions on student performance in introductory accounting. Issues in Accounting Education, 32(4), 1-17.
A complete list of publications for UWE Bristol can be found in the UWE Bristol Research Repository.