Transnational corporations, access to justice and the global south
Research theme: Environmental justice and the global south.
This research stream focusses on environmental justice and access to remedies in the context of litigation against transnational companies for damage suffered in the Global South.
- E Blanco, Jurisdiction, access to remedy in business and human rights cases and the corporate structure: A tale of two cases (2019) Business and Human Rights Journal.
- E Blanco, Vedanta, a long awaited landmark in extra-territorial tort litigation against parent companies: Reflections on jurisdiction. (2019) Manchester Journal of International Economic Law.
- E Blanco, Global private international law. Adjudication without frontiers. Edited by Horatia Muir Watt, Lucia Bizikova, Agatha Brandao de Oliveira and Diego P. Fernandez Arroyo. Edward Elgar Publishing 2019 (Cheltenham UK & Northampton, MA, USA) Book Review. Journal of International Economic Law.
- E Blanco, Vedanta: A new landmark in litigating extraterritorial torts? (2018, Cambridge University Press).
- E Blanco, Law as if the Earth really mattered. The wild law judgements project. Edited by Nicole Rogers and Michelle Maloney. (Glasshouse, Routledge, 2017) Manchester Journal of International Economic Law, 14 (2), 270-273.
- E Blanco and B Pontin, Litigating extraterritorial nuisances under UK common law and UK statute (2016) 6 (2) Transnational Environmental Law 285-308.