Unfortunately due to current Covid-19 situation we aren’t currently taking bookings for children’s parties. Please check this page for the latest information. If you have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports parties for 4- to 16-year-olds
Whether your child is footie mad or keen to tackle the dizzying heights of our indoor climbing wall, get them moving with a sports party they’ll love.
Facilities and staff
The Centre for Sport is an ideal venue for your child’s birthday party with two spacious sports halls and a fantastic climbing wall. Our Ofsted approved parties are hosted by enthusiastic, energetic and DBS checked hosts. Climbing parties are run by fully qualified and experienced climbing instructors and there is always a fully qualified first aider on-site to ensure the safety of you and your guests.
Party activities last for an hour and will be hosted in either the sports hall or on the climbing wall. If you decide to pre-order food for your party guests this will be served in either the viewing gallery or the studio where celebrations can continue for up to 45 minutes.
- Football – Perfect for footie-mad children, get involved with skill drills, try out refereeing and finish with a penalty shoot-out.
- Cricket – Be bowled over by our cricket themed party, learn new batting, fielding and bowling techniques before putting them to the test in a fast-paced game of kwik cricket.
- Basketball – Score a slam dunk with this party, learn new skills through dribbling and shooting practice before testing them out in some friendly matches. We recommend a party group size of ten.
- Netball – Our netball parties are energetic and lively, learn some new techniques through skill drills and passing practice before testing them out in some games. We recommend a party group size of fourteen for netball parties.
- Organised games – Fun for all, get involved in a variety of active games such as dodge ball, parachute games, wacky races and much more.
- Climbing – Scale new heights with a fantastic climbing party led by a fully qualified climbing instructor for one hour. Suitable for children aged 7-16 years, those taking part should wear non-restrictive clothing and enclosed shoes/trainers. All equipment provided.
- Inflatable fun – One of our most popular themes and suitable for all ages, race across our inflatable assault course and play games tailored to the age group of the party.
Children's party food
Treat your party to a special birthday tea! We have three party menu options for you to choose from, so please contact us for more information.
All food is served in the viewing gallery or studio. Please bring your own birthday cake and table decorations if you wish. No other food is allowed to be brought onto the premises. Please inform us of any dietary requirements when making your menu selection. We will need at least two days’ notice of your menu options.
Here is some important information to bear in mind:
- All parties last for one hour. An additional 45 minutes is given if you also select the food option.
|Party type||Number of children||Party cost||Food costs|
|Sport||Up to 10||£70||£6 per child|
|Sport||More than 10 (max of 20)||£100||£6 per child|
|Inflatable||Up to 20||£140||£6 per child|
|Climbing||Up to 9||£80||£6 per child|
|Climbing||More than 9 (max of 18)||£130||£6 per child|
A sport party with food for 14 children has a party cost of £90. You also need to add the food cost (14 x £6 = £84), resulting in a total to pay of £174.
How to book
If you would like to book your party at the Centre for Sport, please contact us so that we can answer any of your questions and confirm a date for your party. We will require a deposit of £25 to hold your booking, which you can pay over the phone.
You will need to complete our party booking form to confirm the specific details of your event. We will then send your party invitations for you to distribute to your guests.
Please view our party terms and conditions.