Placement uniform swap shop
Giving healthcare students a more budget-friendly, eco-friendly placement experience.See all events
This event has now passed.
Here at The Students' Union we understand how expensive placements can be. The price of uniforms, parking, accommodation and enough coffee to get you through your shift - it all adds up!
That's why we've created our Placement uniform swap shop to give our healthcare students a more budget-friendly, eco-friendly placement experience.
How can you get involved?
Placement uniform swap shops will be held every Wednesday during term time, between 12:00–14:00 in The Students' Union at Glenside Campus.
If you've finished your course, you can drop your pre-loved placement uniform items off in The Students' Union Office at Glenside, Monday to Friday at any time between 09:30 and 16:00.
We accept all sizes, styles and conditions but please help us out by washing items before donating them.
Come along to our weekly Swap Shop events to exchange your uniform items for something more comfortable.
You can still pop along to a swap shop event even if you don't have anything to swap. Whether your uniform hasn't arrived in time for placement or you're struggling to juggle laundry with late night shifts, we can help you out on a case-by-case basis.
Spread the word
Tell your friends, your course mates and your lecturers. This scheme is run solely on donations, so the more uniforms we have, the more swap shops we can run.
For up-to-date information on all events at Glenside Campus, including Placement uniform swap shops, visit The SU at UWE: What's on.
- The Students' Union is a separate organisation to UWE Bristol, meaning that we are not directly responsible for providing new uniforms or placement information.
- If you wish to buy new additional or replacement UWE branded placement uniform directly from the supplier Alexandra Workwear, please email email@example.com, who will be able to send you the details.
- Your first set of uniform from Alexandra Workwear will be free of charge. Payment is only required if you are purchasing additional items.
- For any queries regarding your placement, please speak to your Placement Coordinator.
- Find contact details for placements at UWE Bristol via professional practice contacts.
- As our swap shop is run on donations, we may not always have a full range of sizes in stock so we encourage students not to rely solely on this scheme for uniform.
- If you're struggling with costs associated with your placement, help is available from UWE Bristol's Student Money Service and The Students' Union's Advice Centre.
- Disabled parking: Yes
- Step-free access: Yes
- Automatic doors: Yes
- Accessible toilets: Yes
- Induction loop: No
- Guide/assistance dog-friendly: Yes
- Quiet spaces available: Yes