Policies and procedures
A to Z of policies and procedures
Code of conduct for students
The Code of conduct for students - Nursing and Midwifery Council (PDF) outlines professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates.
The University is committed to helping students get the best out of their time with us, and we expect our students and staff to behave appropriately and with respect at all times (non-academic disciplinary matters).
Conduct policy when using social media
The Conduct policy when using social media (PDF) is the professional conduct policy for students when using social media.
- Coronavirus - university guidance: See information about closures and changes to university services.
- Coronavirus - faculty guidance (PDF): See information about placement changes and recovery plans provided by the Faculty.
- The Digital Capability Scheme provides grants to help students who have no access to IT equipment.
- Covid-19 risk assessment process (PDF): Read the Faculty's risk assessment process to appraise student vulnerability to potential Covid-19 exposure, in practice placements.
- Covid-19 student self-assessment of risk - form sample (PDF): The Faculty's risk assessment sample form is used to appraise student vulnerabilities to potential Covid-19 exposure in practice placements. (including those students who may be living with/caring for vulnerable/shielding family/friend).
Disclosure and barring
Fitness to study policy
Read the principles and application of the Fitness to study policy.
Hours and retrievals process
The Hours and retrievals process (PDF) covers making up hours on placement and the retrieval process.
The Leave policy for Nursing and Midwifery students (PDF) is the protocol for student annual leave requests.
Library charter for students
The Library charter for students - Health Education England (PDF) is for students on placement in the South West, Thames Valley and Wessex.
Maintaining confidentiality policy
Maintaining confidentiality policy (PDF): The Faculty expects its students to be very conscious of the importance of maintaining confidentiality in practice settings.
The Student pregnancy, maternity, adoption and partner leave policy and procedures (PDF) covers student pregnancy, maternity, adoption and partner leave policy.
Professional suitability and conduct procedure
Safeguarding policy and procedures
The Safeguarding policy (PDF) sets out the University’s approach to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
The Workplace agreement (WPA) (PDF) is UWE Bristol's contractual agreement document for new professional placement providers.