Equity student mentoring
Inspire the next generation
UWE Bristol’s Equity mentoring is a positive action scheme aimed at home students from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds which feeds into the wider UWE Bristol Equity Programme.
Mentoring is a life-changing, rewarding experience. Your engagement will help inspire and grow the next generation of graduates in your sector and other industries.
- It’s an invaluable opportunity to develop and broaden your personal skills whilst making a difference to an undergraduate student to achieve their full potential.
- Students and graduates can offer a new, alternative perspective to business ideas and solutions, which can be valuable in helping you get a better understanding of how your business and offerings are perceived.
- Connect with UWE Bristol and build relationships with staff and students.
- Our students come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of skills and experience, so can benefit your organisation in a number of ways.
- It gives your organisation the opportunity to share your know-how and experience to inspire and educate the next generation of employees.
Ralph Hawkins, Managing Director, Taylor Wimpey, Bristol explains how engaging with Equity mentoring has helped support their agenda on improving diversity and inclusion while providing opportunities for professional development for their staff.
Make a difference
We welcome mentors from all backgrounds. You do not have to be BAME to be a mentor.
Mentoring sessions can take place at either a UWE Bristol campus or your organisation’s offices.
If you are interested in mentoring please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set you up with an account on our portal Careerhub to enable you to access the mentor registration form.
"The mentee’s enthusiasm and approach made the scheme enjoyable and positive for me - I felt valued and appreciated for the time and knowledge I was able to offer."
Mentor Equity programme