Step Up to Social Work
View key dates, information, documentation and contact support for this programme.
View practice documentation for the postgraduate diploma Step Up to Social Work:
View programme information:
- PGDip Step Up to Social Work overview and learning outcomes
- Practice learning handbook 2017/18 (PDF): Placement handbook for all cohorts
View Step Up to Social Work placement dates for all cohorts.
Academic year 2020/21
- 10 February 2020 to 18 June 2020: First placement period. All students are required to attend 70 days in a practice setting.
- 17 August 2020 to 24 February 2021: Final placement period. All students are required to attend 100 days in a practice setting, four days each week.
View PebblePad guidance.
If you have any queries or questions about the postgraduate diploma Step Up to Social Work or require support, please contact a member of the programme team.
- Programme Leader/Associate Professor
- Tel: +44 (0)117 32 88762
- Email: Elizabeth.Frost@uwe.ac.uk
- Practice Module Leader
- Email: Anna3.Elliott@uwe.ac.uk
- Health Placement Team Leader
- Tel: +44 (0)117 32 81153
- Email: Timothy.Porter@uwe.ac.uk
- Placement Coordinator
- Tel: +44 (0)117 32 81965
- Email: Wendy.Stafford@uwe.ac.uk
Supervision and assessment
Find out more about supporting, supervising and assessing students in practice.
You may also be interested in
Professional practice support contacts
Key contacts for professional practice placements at UWE Bristol.
Health professional development
Explore our range of professional short courses in health. Find out about funded opportunities, industry-specific courses and bespoke training.