Watch a snippet of our film. The full 29-minute version is available to purchase.
This revised film on Foundations replaces an earlier film (1995) and contains new graphics, new site footage and more comprehensive coverage.Buy the full film
It explains the principles and practice of domestic foundations and includes information on:
- site investigation
- ground types, subsoils and vegetation
- early foundation types
- traditional strip, wide strip and trench fill foundations
- pre-cast concrete and steel piling
- augered piling and helical displacement piling
- It is 29 minutes long and is available in WMV, Flash and Quicktime formats.
- Copyright UWE Bristol 2004
You may also be interested in
Educational Resources for the Built Environment
We produce educational and highly respected resources on construction, building history and conservation for academic and professional use.
Contacts for the Educational Resources for the Built Environment (ERBE) video project and Construction Website.
Costs and orders
Costs and order details for the video project and Construction Website produced by Educational Resources for the Built Environment (ERBE).
Find out about the films on building construction, history and conservation that have been produced by the Educational Resources for the Built Environment (ERBE) Video Project.