Making events at UWE Bristol as COVID-19 safe as possible
We’re excited to open once again for real-life events here at UWE Bristol. To make sure we help to keep the whole university community safe, we will be keeping some of our COVID-19 measures.
Please help us by reading through our expectations for attending an event here before you arrive. We ask that you follow our safety measures, so that we can keep everyone as safe as possible.
What we're asking you to do
To attend one of our events with over 50 people, you’ll need to show:
- proof of double vaccination, either through the NHS COVID Pass app or by showing your vaccination card or;
- proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 24 hours before arriving or;
- a positive PCR test within the past 180 days showing natural immunity following a COVID-19 infection (you must have completed the self-isolation period too).
- We’ll also be doing some spot checks to keep our event safe. If you attend an event and can’t show us any of the above when asked, then we’ll ask you to take a lateral flow test when you arrive. If you do not complete a lateral flow test, we reserve the right to refuse entry to the event.
- We also encourage you to test again after the event.
NHS Test and Trace
We’ll still be using the NHS Test and Trace app QR codes for each event because doing so will help support NHS Test and Trace to reduce the spread of the virus. We encourage you to scan in, as we want to be able to contact people should an outbreak arise.
Masks, social distancing and sanitiser
- We ask you to bring a face covering and you’ll need to wear this when moving around indoors, unless you have an exemption, of course.
- We think social distancing is still important too, so please respect others around you.
- We encourage everyone to use the hand sanitiser, which you’ll find placed around the venue.
Undertake your own health risk assessment
This event is likely to include crowds of people, so please consider whether you wish to come to this event, taking into consideration your own personal circumstances and any vulnerabilities.
- If you, or any of your guests, experience COVID-19 symptoms before or on the day of the event, we ask that you don’t attend. We suggest you follow the instructions on the NHS website about what to do next if you have symptoms.
- If you experience symptoms during the event, we kindly ask that you and your guests leave the venue immediately and let a member of staff know about the situation.
- If you’ve been asked to self-isolate, either by NHS Test and Trace or after international travel, you must not attend the event.
Engage with our communications
We know how unpredictable COVID-19 can be and this means we might need to notify you of changes at short notice. We encourage you to engage with and read all the event communications so you know the latest information.
What we’re doing for you
Every one of our events goes through a rigorous risk assessment process. We’re also monitoring Government guidance continually to make sure we are safe to go ahead with all our planned events.
We’ve made sure all our spaces here at UWE Bristol are well ventilated so there is a supply of fresh air to enclosed spaces.
We’re cleaning more often, especially the touch points for all event attendees.