Attendee code of behaviour for events at UWE Bristol
We’re excited to open for events again here at UWE Bristol, but we also want to make sure we help to keep the whole community safe. Therefore, we are retaining some of our COVID-19 measures. Please read our expectations for attending an event here at UWE Bristol before you arrive.
Please adhere to all the safety measures in place and be respectful to our staff. The measures are in place for all our safety, it helps greatly if you comply with our expectations.
What we’re asking of you
Entry to our events of over 50 people will require:
- proof of double vaccination, either through the NHS Covid Pass app or by bringing your vaccination card or;
- proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival or;
- a positive PCR test within the past 180 days showing natural immunity following a COVID infection (you must have completed the self-isolation period).
- Spot checking will be taking place. If you attempt to attend an event and cannot prove any of the above when asked then you will be asked to take a lateral flow test on arrival.
- We encourage you also to test again following the event.
NHS Test and Trace
We will still be using the NHS Test and Trace app QR codes for each event because doing so will help to support NHS Test and Trace to reduce the spread of the virus. We encourage you to scan in, keeping our community safe is very important to us and we want to be able to contact people should an outbreak arise.
Masks, social distancing and sanitiser
- We are still asking you to bring a face covering and this will need to be worn when moving around indoors, unless you have an exemption.
- We think social distancing is still important so please respect others around you.
- We encourage everyone to use the hand sanitiser placed around the venue.
Undertake your own health risk assessment
This event will likely include crowds of people. Please consider whether you wish to travel to this event, considering your personal circumstances and vulnerabilities.
- If you or any of your guests experience COVID-19 symptoms before/on the day of the event, please do not attend and follow the instructions on the NHS website about what to do if you have symptoms.
- If you experience symptoms during the event, you and your guests must leave the venue immediately and inform a member of staff of the situation.
- If you have been instructed to self-isolate, either by NHS Test and Trace or after international travel, you must not attend the event.
Engage with our communications
We know how unpredictable COVID-19 can be and that does mean we might need to notify you of changes at short notice. Please engage and read all the event communications so you know the latest information.
What we’re doing for you
All our events go through a rigorous risk assessment process. We’re also monitoring government guidance continually to make sure we are safe to proceed.
We’ve made sure all our spaces here at UWE Bristol are well ventilated to make sure there is a supply of fresh air to enclosed spaces.
We’re cleaning more often, especially the touch points for all event attendees.