30th anniversary prize draw
Play our 30th anniversary prize draw for your chance to win one of 30 fantastic prizes kindly donated from the UWE Bristol community.
Prizes range from VIP hospitality at sports events, to foodie gift boxes and meal vouchers. There are even some luxury socks to be won.
The prize draw is now closed.
Money raised will support students in need
100% of funds raised from ticket sales will go to the UWE Bristol Fund to support Student Hardship Grants.
During and post-covid, the University has seen a dramatic increase in applications from students for additional financial support and this is only set to rise with the cost-of-living crisis.
By playing the prize draw, your donation will help more students this coming year.
All prizes have been donated by UWE Bristol's alumni, staff and partners.
30 winning tickets will be selected in a prize draw. Each lucky winner will be matched at random to one of the 30 prizes listed below. Prizes cannot be picked by winners and are not refundable or exchangeable.
Winners will be notified soon after the prize draw closes on 31 October 2022. Read our full prize draw terms and conditions.
Family tickets to Aerospace Bristol - two chances to win
- Win one of two sets of single use entry family tickets to Aerospace Bristol, plus a signed Concorde poster.
- UWE Bristol supported Aerospace Bristol through the pandemic, developing a range of flight-themed activities for people to enjoy from the comfort of their homes.
Designer Vegan Handbag from Amschela
- Win a beautiful Amschela designer Peta-approved Thais Vegan hand-bag.
- Amschela was founded by Law alum Keri, setting out to create positive change in the fashion industry.
Arnolfini bookshop gift bundle
- This prize includes a copy of the book Frank Bowling: Land of Many Waters, a vintage Arnolfini exhibition poster and an Arnolfini tote bag.
- Arnolfini is Bristol’s International Centre for Contemporary Arts located on the harbourside, and forms part of our City Campus.
Veg box and ‘Tea for Two’ voucher at Better Food
- Win vouchers to collect a local, organic veg box and fresh Tea for Two from Better Food cafés in Bristol.
- Business Alum, Gene Joyner, is Managing Director at Better Food, an independent organic food shop and café, with four sites across Bristol that stocks local, ethically sourced products.
Box Local gift box
- Treat filled gift box, filled with local Bristol artesian goodies. Items range from luxury chocolates, foodie treats, wine, coffee, cakes and much more.
- Directed by the award-winning sister team, Box Local is run by UWE Bristol Alum Bethan Arora and her sister Kate Wyatt.
VIP Matchday hospitality tickets for Bristol City FC or Bristol Bears
- Two VIP matchday hospitality tickets for a Bristol City FC or Bristol Bears Rugby Home game, season 22/23 (subject to game availability), with access to the Heineken lounge, drinks and buffet.
- UWE Bristol and Bristol Sport have worked in partnership since 2020, strengthening community links and sports outreach across the city.
Bristol Flyers hospitality tickets
- Two hospitality tickets for a Bristol Flyers Basketball Home game, season 22/23, including pre-game food, drinks bar and courtside seating.
- Watch the Bristol Flyers (whose squad include talented UWE Bristol alumni) in style, with seats just metres from the action.
Bristol Print Collective lino cut printing kit
- Learn how to design your own lino prints with this hand-crafted kit.
- Complete with ink, paper, lino materials and online video to follow at home.
- MA Multidisciplinary Printmaking alum, Victoria Willmott runs Bristol Print Collective, delivering print workshops and events.
Handmade eco-resin coasters
- Win a set of beautiful handmade coasters and coaster holder.
- Billy-Jo is an Interior Design alum and Programme Support Assistant at UWE Bristol, who creates sustainable handmade interior pieces.
field&flower food box
- Award winning company offering meat, fish, dairy and deli products, field&flower deliver a wide variety of free-range British meat and locally caught fish.
- Win a medium meat box, serves 3-4 people; big enough for 30 servings!
- Ben Jones studied BA (Hons) Sociology before co-founding several successful enterprises. He is now Head of Strategic Projects at field&flower.
Framed limited edition miniprint
- A framed 20 x 25cm miniprint of the winner’s choice, from the Centre for Print Research (CFPR)’s online shop.
- CFPR works with staff and students, to produce an annual show of limited-edition prints, and the online shop features an archive of work back to 1986.
10 pairs of Hedgy socks
- Premium bamboo socks, with an emphasis on being sustainable, chemical free and wildlife friendly.
- This prize consists of 10 pairs of funky, temperature regulated socks (size to be selected by winner).
- Hedgy Socks was founded by UWE Bristol Alum, Tom Haines whilst he was studying BA(Hons) Sport Business and Entrepreneurship.
Illustrated digital portrait of your loved ones
- Win a unique, custom-made digital portrait, made of people (and pets) of your choice. Up to the value of £100.
- Freelance illustrator and children's author, Katie Cottle BA (Hons) Illustration, has won several awards for her work.
Handmade homeware and ceramic bundle
- A specifically crafted bread knife and board set from John Bray and a pair of neck vases from Fourth Element Ceramics.
- John is an alum who works in our Faculty of Business and Law. His wife Harriet, of Fourth Element Ceramics, is Chief Operating Officer at Zentraxa. Both are creators of beautiful handmade items.
Kid Crayon limited edition 90s prints
- Win three limited edition prints from freelance illustrator and mural artist, Kid Crayon.
- With an art style deeply rooted in hip-hop, skateboard and graffiti culture, Sam Walsh aka Kid Crayon studied BA(Hons) Animation.
£50 Looseheadz clothing voucher
- Win a Looseheadz rugby clothing voucher, picking from casual t-shirts, hoodies and more.
- Co-founded by UWE Alum, Rob Shotton, LooseHeadz is on a mission to tackle the stigma around mental health in sport, aiming to put a mental health lead in every rugby club.
£100 Love Bristol Gift card
- Win a £100 Love Bristol Gift Card to spend in over 90 city centre venues – including dining, shopping, beauty and more.
- The Love Bristol Gift Card has been donated by Bristol City Centre BID and Redcliffe & Temple Business Improvement District (BID). The BIDs took on a UWE Summer Intern this year who helped launch the gift card project and has since been taken on as a permanent member of the team.
Bespoke UWE Bristol Minirig Mini 2 Portable Rechargeable speaker
- Bespoke UWE Bristol design by student Ruairi Madine.
- Minirig was founded by Product Design alum Thomas Tucker.
- Designed and built in Bristol, Minirig use top-quality components and ethical service to stand out.
Pieminister Feast Kits - two chances to win!
- Award winning, sustainably made pies. This tasty prize consists of a Pie Feast Kit for four people, and can come in either a meaty, veggie or vegan option. Oven gloves and tea towels included.
- Founded in Bristol, the award-winning Pieminister has over 100 employees. UWE Alumni, Peter Valentine and Jenny McGuire are Managers at the popular local restaurants.
Prior Shop voucher
- Beautiful, contemporary lifestyle products handmade using only low impact materials.
- This prize consists of a £30 Prior Shop voucher (in-store on online.) Choose from a variety of items including jewellery, plant pots, artwork, skincare and lighting.
- Based in Bristol and founded by Rebecca Prior BA (Hons) Arts and Visual Culture alum. Rebecca also creates large-scale fabrications and delivers community workshops.
RE-CD coaster set or soap stand
- Choose from a set of six beautiful drinks coasters or an elegant soap stand - both options are made from 100% recycled CDs!
- Founded by Product Design alum Kieran Devlin, Revive Innovations is an award winning sustainable design company that transform post-consumer waste into beautiful designs, ranging from furniture to bespoke products.
Annual membership for The Royal Photographic Society (RPS)
- One year RPS membership subscription.
- Includes: welcome pack, membership card, award-winning RPS photographic journal (six issues per year) and access to online workshops and events.
- RPS House, with its world-class gallery and auditorium, is based in Bristol. RPS works with UWE Bristol to support students’ learning and conduct industry research.
'Swimming Women' original artist's print
- An original lino print celebrating the joys of wild freshwater swimming.
- Artwork offered by alum printmaker Victoria Willmott. Victoria's prints are inspired from her daily sketches and journeys.
£100 Trunki gift voucher
- £100 online voucher to spend on fun children’s travel accessories at trunki.com
- Honorary Graduate Rob Law MBE is an inspiring entrepreneur who through grit, passion and real belief built the global brand Trunki. Rob works with our Business and Management Advisory Board and delivers inspirational talks on campus.
£100 ‘refresh’ meal voucher to spend in campus outlets. Two chances to win!
- Spend vouchers on meals, snacks, soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages at cafes and restaurants on all UWE Bristol campuses.
- Vouchers can be collected or mailed to the successful winner.
Five tickets for Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition
- Five tickets (for adults, children or concessions) permitting entry to Wildlife Photographer of the Year at M Shed.
- The most prestigious photography event of its kind showcasing the world’s most astonishing sights.
- UWE Bristol works in partnership with Bristol Museums, sponsoring exhibitions such as Wildlife Photographer of the Year at M Shed.
£50 gift voucher for use in any Zazu's pub
- Bristol based, independent pub company serving delicious food and drink across the city.
- This voucher is redeemable in any of the five sites: the Alma Tavern & Theatre, the Eastfield, the Greenbank, the Knowle and the Westbury Park Pub & Kitchen.
- Marketing alum James Savage is a Company Director.
Be Gamble Aware
Be Gamble Aware is a website which provides information about gambling and particularly issues related to problem gambling. That information is there to provide a single resource for those seeking advice and guidance. It also provides links to specialist support and treatment for those who need it.
More about our 30th anniversary prize draw
This prize draw is being run with Play Fund Win, an external lottery manager who charge fees per entry. However, the University is covering the costs of all fees charged by Play Fund Win, meaning that all money raised from the prize draw will go to supporting Student Hardship Grants via the UWE Bristol Fund.
Prize draw terms and conditions
- The draw is being managed by an external lottery manager: Play Fund Win. All their prize draw terms and conditions apply (see below)
- The draw will take place on 31 October 2022, and winners will be notified within 14 days of the draw.
- There is no limit on the number of raffle tickets an individual can purchase
- There are 30 different prizes (see details on prize draw webpage), each of which will be assigned to a different winner. If a winner does not want the prize they are offered, they are under no obligation to accept it, but also cannot request an alternative prize.
- Winners must agree for UWE Bristol to share their contact and other relevant information with the Prize Partner in order for them to claim their prize
- Prizes have been offered as donations-in-kind from our Prize Partners. Partners have agreed in good will to be able to offer their prize up to or beyond 31 March 2023. After this date, Prize Partners have the right to refuse a winner’s claim to the prize.
- If for any reason a Prize Partner is unable to fulfil the prize offer, UWE Bristol will seek an alternative for the winner.
- 100% of the proceeds from prize draw ticket sales will be used to support Student Hardships Grants by the UWE Bristol Fund. Play Fund Win charge additional fees of 5% and costs of 10% per entry, but these costs will be covered by the University, not the donation.
See clause 3.3 for alternative free entry route.
- Closing Date: The date on which all available Entries for each Draw have been sold, or when the date and time shown in each Draw as the closing date is reached, or where no date is stated, three (3) months from the start of the Draw.
- Draw: Any Draw operated by the Promoter to win a Prize.
- Entrant: Any person or individual (aged 18 or over) who either enters the draw through the website by paying for it or enters it for free via the postal route.
- Entry: A validly submitted, completed Entry for a Draw (whether paid or via the postal route).
- Prize: The item(s) as stated in each Draw page on the Website.
- Postal Entry: Means a validly completed Postal Entry (see clause 3.3 below).
- Promoter: “Play Fund Win” which is a brand owned by PFW Holdings Ltd. (a company registered in England & Wales with company number 12267104).
- Host: A sports club, charity, charitable association, or a similar unincorporated body who are the recipient of funds from a draw. A draw may also be hosted by a third party on behalf of a sports club, charity, non-commercial society, or local authority, in which case funds are transferred directly to the named cause.
- Random Number Generator: Certified Random Number Generator software which will be used by the Promoter to select the Winner of each Draw.
- Website: www.playfundwin.com
- Winner: The Entrant (or, where multiple prizes are available, Entrants) chosen at random using the Random Number Generator who wins the Prize.
By entering the Draw via the Website Entrants confirm that they have read and accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. By entering the Draw by Postal Entry, each Entrant must first confirm that they have read and accept these terms and conditions (see 3.3 below for free postal entry method).
When entering a Draw either via the Website using a paid Entry or via Postal Entry, Entrants must submit their contact details as required by the Promoter which will be used for the following purposes:
(a) to notify the Winner of the Draw that they have won a Prize; and
(b) to post the Winner’s first name, initial and town of residence on the Website;
2. The Draw
A Draw is open only to individuals over the age of 18. If an Entrant is found to be under the age of 18, any Prize allocation will be null and void. Entrants must not be residents of Belgium, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, North Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Syria or Thailand. Any entries from residents of the aforementioned countries will be deemed ineligible and are non-refundable. Entries are also subject to all local laws and certain conditions in foreign jurisdictions may prevent the issuing of a prize.
Entrants acknowledge that payment to enter a Draw does not guarantee that they will win a Prize.
The Entrants, the Host and the Promoter recognise that the Draw, its administration and all associated activities are governed by the laws of England and Wales and acknowledge that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Draw or its administration.
The Promoter reserves the right to refuse an Entry or to disqualify any Entrant if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions or acted in a way that is reasonably considered by the Promoter to be illegal.
3. Entry to the Draw
Where applicable, each Draw will state the maximum amount of Entries available.
3.2 Paid Entry route
To enter a Draw via the paid route, an Entrant must enter their details on the Website and provide their contact details including their postal address, e-mail address and a telephone number along with a valid card payment.
3.3 Free Postal Entry Route
Entrants can enter any Prize Draw (excluding Lotteries) for free by sending an unenclosed postcard via stamped first- or second-class pre-paid post stating the Draw name they would like to enter, along with the following:
Contact telephone number
Club or Team name chosen for the Sub-Draw (if applicable)
Postal Entries must be sent to: PFW Holdings Ltd. Unit D228, Parkhill Business Centre, 62 Tritton road, London, SE21 8DE.
Postal Entries must be posted so that they are received by the Promoter within 72 hours of the closing time of each Draw. Postal Entries received after this time will not be included in the Draw.
Bulk postal Entries will not be permitted. Entries delivered to this address in person will not be accepted.
Where a maximum number of entries applies, this will be displayed on the draw page, this applies equally to the Paid Entry and Free Entry methods, a maximum number of entries will be per individual or residential address.
All Entries to the Draw are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of Entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the Draw (see 8 below).
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Draw.
Entrants agree that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to any Draw run by the Promoter.
4. Closing date of the Draw
Each Draw will close when either the stated number of Entries to each Draw have been reached, or the date and time shown in each Draw as the closing date is reached or where no date is stated, three (3) months from the start of the Draw.
5. Selection of the Winner
The Winner will be selected at random from the list of paid and postal Entrants using the Random Number Generator Software.
Any Winner whose payment transaction has been cancelled, reversed or is subject to any chargeback (before or after a Draw) will not be permitted to claim a Prize.
There will only be one Winner per Prize, the number of prizes will be displayed on the Draw page.
The Promoter will try to contact each Winner by e-mail or telephone only, using the contact details held in the Entrant’s account.
If a Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 14 days of a Draw, then the Winner’s Prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner. The alternative Winner will then be notified in the same way and will have 14 days to accept the Prize.
The original Winner will have no claim to a Prize once an alternative Winner has been selected.
The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
Title to a Prize is retained by the Host until it is handed over to the Winner. Once the Winner takes possession of the Prize all risk and title in the Prize passes to the Winner.
The Host does not imply or give any warranty in relation to a Prize or warrant the value or condition of a Prize.
The Prize is as stated in each Draw. No cash alternative or alternative Prize will be offered by the Host or Promoter. In exceptional circumstances the Host reserves the sole right to substitute all or part of the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value.
The Prize can be delivered to the Winner or collected from the Host, at the Winner’s election. Collection of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the Winner. Unless alternative arrangements are agreed between the parties, the Prize must be collected from the Host’s address. The Host will pay for the cost of delivering the Prize to the Winner at Winner’s address in the United Kingdom and will ensure the Prize until it is delivered to Winner’s address.
The Winner may be required to provide proof of their identity and/or age at the time the Prize is collected or delivered.
The Winner is responsible for all taxes, duties, and charges in relation to receipt of the Prize.
The Promoter will publish information indicating that the Draw took place, and a Winner was awarded the Prize(s). The Winner will be given the option to consent to the Promoter displaying their full name and photograph or other personal details on the Website. Where consent is given, the Winner’s name, town and photo will be posted on the Website.
The Winner will be given the option to consent to photo(s) and or video(s) being taken for promotional purposes.
Neither the Promoter nor the Host will be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and administrating the Draw, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize.
Neither the Promoter nor the Host accepts liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this Website.
The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete Entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any Entry which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
An Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be immediately published on the Website, and it is each Entrant’s responsibility to check the Website for any changes to these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel any Draw at any time either before or after Entries have been sold. If a Draw is cancelled, the Promoter will notify each Entrant at the email address they have provided and return any payment made by an Entrant by the same method as payment was made. Where a payment has been refunded, the Promoter will have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
Each Entrant, the Host and the Promoter acknowledge that the Promoter may (either by choice or at the request of a third party) disclose this information to relevant third parties for the purposes of the prevention of fraud, money laundering, legal or other financial or regulatory reasons.
The Host and the Promoter shall:
comply with all applicable laws relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption (the “Relevant Requirements”), including the Bribery Act 2010, in connection with the Draw;
have and shall maintain in place throughout the term of the Agreement its own policies and procedures, including Adequate Procedures (as defined in section 7(2) of the Bribery Act 2010 and any guidance issued under section 9 of that Act) under the Relevant Requirements, to ensure compliance with the Relevant Requirements and will enforce them where appropriate; and
promptly report to the other party any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by it in connection with the Draw.
The Host and the Promoter shall ensure that any Associated Person (as defined in section 8 of the Bribery Act 2010) who it involves in the performance of any obligations in connection with the Draw does so only on the basis of a written agreement which imposes on and secures from such Associated Person terms equivalent to those in this Clause 10. The Host and the Promoter shall be responsible for the observance and performance by such Associated Persons of such terms, and shall be liable to the other party for any breach by such Associated Persons of any such terms.
You may also be interested in
30 years of UWE Bristol
Celebrating 30 years of being a university after officially achieving University status in 1992.
UWE Bristol Fund
Donate to the UWE Bristol Fund to help us provide vital grants to our students and local communities.