The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has been ranked joint second in England and seventh in the UK for overall student satisfaction by the National Student Survey (NSS) 2020 published today (15 July). The rankings are based on all universities in England and the UK, with the exception of specialist institutions that focus on a limited number of subject areas or disciplines.
UWE Bristol scored 88% for overall student satisfaction which is significantly above the national average of 83% for all UK universities.
Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor at UWE Bristol, said: ‘‘These results are a testament to all the hard work from staff across the University. Their collaborative efforts to support our students and to achieve our NSS position against the sector is a truly fantastic effort. I would like to thank them all for their hard work and dedication.’’
Of the UWE Bristol Programmes surveyed, 19 achieved a 100% overall satisfaction score:
- BA (Hons) Architecture and Planning
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Leadership
- BA (Hons) Drawing and Printing
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) Fashion Communication
- BA (Hons) Fashion Textiles
- BA (Hons) Geography and Planning
- BA (Hons) Geography
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
- BENG (Hons) Architecture and Environmental Engineering
- BSC (Hons) Audio and Music Technology
- BSC (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSC (Hons) Creative Music Technology
- BSC (Hons) Geography
- BSC (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business
- BSC (Hons) Mathematics
- BSC (Hons) Radiotherapy and Oncology
- BSC (Hons) Urban Planning
The National Student Survey is an annual survey of nearly half a million final-year students from across the UK. The survey gathers opinions from students about their time in higher education and asks them to offer honest feedback on what it has been like to study on their course. It was introduced in 2005 to help inform the choices of prospective students and assist universities in enhancing student experience.
Eugine Yafele, CEO of University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust, appointed Visiting Professor
Eugine Yafele, Chief Executive of University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust, has been appointed a Visiting Professor for the College of Health, Science and Society at UWE Bristol.