Unpublishing and redirects
How to unpublish a component or a page in Sitecore
You will need to change the publishing restriction settings for the component or page you wish to unpublish using the steps below.
Change publishing restriction settings:
- Go to the item in Content Editor view
- Go to Publish tab on the top menu > Change button >
- Unselect publishable checkbox > Ok >
- Publish the item (with smart publish)
- Item will delete/unpublish from target database
If you follow the instructions and there are multiple versions of an item then you'll have to uncheck them all. Under the Item tab there is one checkbox to rule them all to make the task quicker.
If you unpublish a page, the URL will need a redirect. Contact the Web Editors at email@example.com to organise the redirect and make sure you do this before unpublishing the page. We usually redirect pages to the parent page but sometimes there is another page which is more appropriate, the Web Editors can advise.