Arts, Creative Industries and Education Resource Centre
The Arts, Creative Industries and Education (ACE) Resource Centre in S Block is a study space with specialist resources and technical staff.
Open to all ACE students
The ACE Resource Centre, formerly the Education Resource Centre, has specialist resources and dedicated technical staff to offer help and assistance.
It is open to all ACE faculty students. We also house the S Block Loans Desk within the Centre.
If you are an ACE-based student and have had the necessary training of a selective pieces of equipment and completed a risk assessment you may be allowed to loan kit of the extensive collection of audio-visual equipment. Please contact a member of the team about access to this service.
Facilities and resources
You're welcome to use our computing, printing, photocopying, and scanning facilities:
- We have nine desks for individuals who want to use the space to work on their own laptops, or do written-based study.
- We also have space for 10 network PCs for you to work on. All work and PC desks are separated by a two-metre distance.
- The Centre has two network photocopiers/printers to meet all your reprographic needs.
We also offer a binding and laminate service, should you want your essay dissertation bound. The lamination service is excellent if you want to make your work look more professional and longer lasting. Again, please see a member of the Resource Centre Team who will be able to assist you.
We hold a wide range of learning resources for Education, such as:
- subject specialist books
- teaching materials, such as government documents.
We supply resources for teaching assignments (paper, card and other stationery items), and provide access to the Children’s Scrapstore through centre membership.
|Location||Date and time|
|ACE Resource Centre||Monday to Thursday: 08:30–17:00
|S Block Loans Desk||Monday to Friday: 10:00–12:00 and 13:00–15:00|
Our opening hours might vary in relation to university and government policy in the forthcoming weeks and months ahead. Please contact us before visiting should you be in doubt.
Contacts and location
View contacts for the team:
- Nick Wenham, Team Leader, Resource
Centre and S Block Loans Desk
- Heather Watts,Humanities Technician
- Tom Baldry,ACE Resource Centre Student/Programme Support (TTO)
- Sarah Cook,ACE Resource Centre Student/Programme Support, undergraduate and postgraduate Art and DT, Early Childhood Studies (TTO)
In room 3S613, S Block:
- Ross Cundy, Senior Technical Instructor in
- Siamak Alimi, ACE Senior Instructor
- Dave Reddin, Mathematics Technician
COVID-19 health and safety
- The Centre itself has a COVID-19 operating capacity of 19 people. We are operating a one person in, one person out policy.
- You are required to wear a face covering whilst inside the building.
- There are hand sanitizers upon entering the centre, which we would encourage you to use when entering the centre and again when leaving the centre. We also have sanitizer wipes to wipe down either PCs, desk space or photocopier/printers.
- The S Block Loans Desk is positioned on the left as you come into the Resource Centre in 2S701. Until further notice, collections and returned will be issued in the Technical Support Room (2S709).
- The ACE Resource Centre technical staff are located in room 2S709. The social distancing rule of two-metres is in place when you need to access resources.
Technicians who work in the centre are available to provide any further information and assistance.