A guide to setting up Datastream for the first time.
The first time you use Datastream Advance (or the Datastream add-in for Excel), you will need to enter the Datastream user name and password.
Set up the Datastream connection
1. Launch Datastream Advance
2. From the menu select 'Tools > Configure Communications...'
3. Enter the user name and password as:
User name: XBPY101
4. Click the 'Communications' tab and then the 'Config' button
5. Enter 423 in the 'Port' field and click 'OK'
Datastream should now be able to connect
('Tools > Connect Now' from the menu)
Set up the Excel add-in
You will need to tell Excel where the Datastream add-in is located.
1. Launch Excel
2. From the 'File' menu (top left corner) select 'Options'
3. Select 'Add-Ins' from the left hand panel and then click the 'Go...' button
4. Click the 'Browse...' button in the 'Add-Ins' window:
and browse to:
'Computer > Data (D:) > datastream > AdvanceOffice.xlam'
Select the file and click 'OK'
5. 'Advance Office 2007' should now be added to the list of add-ins. Make sure it is ticked and click 'OK'
The 'Datastream' tab should now be visible in Excel (you'll need to set up the Datastream connection to use the tab).