Date that this item was entered on to the web-site: 28th June 2005.
York Museums Trust - 'Celebrating Ceramics' Project
NEVAC have been commissioned by York Museums Trust (YMT) to produce videos to play at the three venues for their Autumn 2005 exhibition programme 'Celebrating Ceramics'. Jim Robison (potter), Barley Roscoe (retired curator) and Chris Keenan (potter) were interviewed at York Museum's store discussing ten objects from the YMT's collections.
Helen Walsh, Assistant Curator of Decorative Arts at YMT helped to organise the filming which took place from 21-23 June. Also present were the 'Celebrating Ceramics' Curator Lars Tharp, familiar to many as one of the ceramics experts on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow programme.
The objects discussed were:
1. Etruscan vase, south Italian, (420-380BC).
2. Severus Head vase, English, (200-300AD).
3. Tang Horse, Chinese, (618-907AD).
4. Medieval Jug, English, (1200-1300AD).
5. Delftware Charger, English, (1700-1720AD).
6. William Staite-Murray, 'Bathers' vase, (1930).
7. Shoji Hamada, 'Bottle' vase, (1958).
8. Hans Coper, 'Vase', (1969).
9. Svend Bayer, 'Bowl', (1981).
10. Kate malone, 'Bursting Dense Garlic Bud Life Force Vase', (2001).
The three venues for 'Celebrating Ceramics' are Scarborough, Wakefield and York City Art Gallery.