Appearance Matters conference themes
The Appearance Matters conference provides a forum specifically to highlight current research, theory and good practice around all appearance-related issues.
We invite abstracts from multiple disciplines relating to any aspect of appearance and specifically encourage submissions around the themes of:
- Body image
- Visible difference
- Conditions, injuries or treatments affecting appearance e.g. burns, craniofacial and skin conditions, cancer etc.
- Disordered eating and weight-related issues
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Gender, sexuality, identity, age and ethnicity
- Appearance-based stigma and discrimination
- Social and cultural influences
- Interventions and service provision
- Health promotion, public health and social policy
- Research methods and ethics
- Theory and models
We welcome all research methodologies, e.g. quantitative, qualitative, mixed method.
The online abstract submission system opens 1 September 2019.