Cancel a support worker
How to cancel a session booked with a support worker.
This information outlines the cancellation procedures for support provided by the Student Support and Wellbeing Teams, which includes:
- Access West of England (AWE) for specialist one-to-one study skills support and mentoring support
- a Support Worker Service for all other support.
How to cancel a session with a support worker
We ask that at least 24 hours’ notice is given when a support session needs to be cancelled. Please note this excludes Bank Holidays, UWE Bristol closure days and weekends.
Example cancellation times
- Session is Monday at 13:00 — cancel before 13:00 on the Friday before
- Session is Tuesday at 13:00 — cancel before 13:00 on the Monday before
- Session is Wednesday at 13:00 — cancel before 13:00 on the Tuesday before
- Session is Thursday at 13:00 — cancel before 13:00 on the Wednesday before
- Session is Friday at 13:00 — cancel before 13:00 on the Thursday before
Study skills and mentoring support session
If you need to cancel a booked one-to-one study skills or mentoring support session you should contact us and provide a reason for cancelling your session.
You should be aware that emails may be forwarded to your funding body as evidence of cancellation.
Other booked support
Please contact us if you need to cancel other booked support (such as note taking).
Cancelling without due notice and no-shows
If you cancel with less than 24 hours' notice
Where less than 24 hours’ notice is given, your tutor/mentor/support worker will record details of the cancelled session on their timesheet. Your funding body will be invoiced for this session (up to two sessions per term). The three terms in an academic year are September to December, January to April and May to August.
If you fail to attend
If you fail to attend a booked support session, the tutor/mentor/support worker will record the session on their timesheet. You will be asked to confirm the booked session and your reason for non-attendance, either by email or at your next attended session.
If you cancel with less than 24 hours' notice or fail to attend twice in one term
If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to attend two booked support sessions in one term, your support may be temporarily suspended until the end of term. Support can be restarted the following term by contacting the appropriate service.