Pre-arrival information for 20-30 September
Pre-arrival and key collection information for Glenside and The Hollies for students moving in between 20-30 September.
Please note that due to the current situation with COVID-19, Accommodation Services are following Government guidance in order to protect both students and staff. We would respectfully ask that you read and follow the processes we have put in place for you when collecting your key and moving into your accommodation:
- Please observe the two metre distance rule.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering within any shared areas: UWE Bristol buildings, accommodation blocks, stairwells and corridors.
- Please sanitise your hands before entering and on leaving any UWE Bristol buildings and your block.
- Please enter any UWE Bristol buildings on your own. No other persons will be permitted into this area with you, they will need to stay with their vehicle.
- Only one other person will be permitted to enter your accommodation with you. They are able to go into your room, but should not go into the shared kitchen/communal areas
- There will not be any public toilets available, please wait to use the facilities in your room.
- The first term is only six weeks. Please consider travelling light and bringing essential items only at this stage.
- Please do not arrive before the date agreed. Please note not all contract start dates are the same so please check your contract start date.
Before you arrive
You will need to:
- complete your E-Induction
- complete your Direct Debit
- bring photographic identification (student ID ideally but if you have not received this, your passport or driving licence)
- bring your welcome/student ID number
- print and bring your completed key collection letter with you as advised in our separate email.
Collecting your keys
Where to collect your keys
You will need to collect your keys from East Reception on Frenchay Campus. The postcode is BS16 1QY. Please refer to the campus page below for directions. This area is manned by Campus Security 24 hours every day and they will be expecting you on the date agreed.
You will see on the map just behind the East Entrance a small square building at the side of the road, this is the East Reception Security Office.
Kitchen and Bedding Starter Packs
How is your packing coming along, do you still have things to buy? Why not take the hassle out of buying and transporting your bedding and kitchen items by pre-ordering from UniKitOut.
Choose from a range of essential items which can be delivered directly to your accommodation ready for your arrival. Furthermore, save 10% on your order by adding a UWE10 discount code at checkout.