Pre-arrival information for 18 September
Pre-arrival and key collection information for students moving in to Student Village; Brecon, Cotswold, Mendip and Quantock Courts on 18 September.
Please note that due to the current situation with COVID-19, Accommodation Services are following Government guidance in order to protect both students and staff. We would respectfully ask that you read and follow the processes we have put in place for you when collecting your key and moving into your accommodation:
- Please queue outside of Customer Services observing the two metre distance rule.
- Please only enter Customer Service areas one at a time.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering within any shared areas; Customer Services, accommodation blocks, stairwells and corridors.
- Please sanitise your hands before entering and on leaving Customer Services and your block.
- Please enter Customer Services on your own. No other persons will be permitted into this area with you, they will need to stay with their vehicle.
- Please observe the one-way flow for Customer Services; you will enter from the front of the pavilion and leave from the back.
- Only one other person will be permitted to enter your accommodation with you. They are able to go into your room but should not go into the shared kitchen/communal areas.
- There will not be any public toilets available, please wait to use the facilities in your room.
- We will be minimising the number of cars/people that are on site at any one time, however at our peak arrival dates there may be a delay to collect keys or move into your accommodation as we maintain social distancing.
- The first term is only six weeks. Please consider travelling light and bringing essential items only at this stage.
- Please do not arrive before the date agreed. Please note not all contract start dates are the same so please check your contract start date.
Before you arrive
You will need to:
- complete your E-Induction
- complete your Direct Debit
- bring photographic identification (student ID ideally but if you have not received this, your passport or driving licence)
- bring your welcome/student ID number.
Collecting your keys
Where to collect your keys
The postcode for our Frenchay Campus is BS16 1QY. On arriving you will need to enter via the East Entrance and call into our Campus Security Office ‘East Reception’. Please refer to the campus page below for directions.
Please advise them you are collecting your keys from Cotswold Customer Services and they will register your vehicle and direct you.
Customer Services are open from 07:00 to 19:00. If you are not able to arrive during these times, please contact us to advise. Please ensure that you collect your key on your own to maintain social distancing and follow the guidelines outlined in the first section above.
Arriving by car
Please be advised that there is no allocated parking at the property, however, you will be able to park outside for unloading only. Please display the parking permit provided with your key and display on your dashboard/windscreen at all times.
You will see on the map just behind the East Entrance a small square building at the side of the road, this is the East Reception Security Office.
Kitchen and Bedding Starter Packs
How is your packing coming along, do you still have things to buy? Why not take the hassle out of buying and transporting your bedding and kitchen items by pre-ordering from UniKitOut.
Choose from a range of essential items which can be delivered directly to your accommodation ready for your arrival. Furthermore, save 10% on your order by adding a UWE10 discount code at checkout.