Christmas e-card Competition 2020
Design the UWE Bristol Christmas card and win £250.
We are running a design competition open to all UWE Bristol students, staff and alumni to design this year’s Christmas card. The card will be sent out electronically to all our supporters and partners across the world, as well as used on our web and social media channels.
The design should incorporate either an element of UWE Bristol or the Bristol area. The card can be in any static format (such as photography, drawing, illustration) but it must be your own original work and be sent to us as a digital image.
The creator of the winning design will receive a £250 prize and the runners-up £50 each.
Please note: the 2020 competition is now closed.
- The message of the e-Card is 'Season’s greetings' and you must incorporate this message into your design. Please make sure Season’s Greetings is legible and you have the apostrophe.
- The final image must be landscape in design as it will be cropped and scaled to fit appropriate media channels, so this should be considered in the design.
- The image will be used on the UWE Bristol website homepage so must be a minimum size of 1,280 (wide) × 430 pixels (high) – however it can be larger.
- All submissions will be used digitally so hand drawn submissions must be scanned or turned into a digital image before submission.
Please note: by entering into the competition you are giving permission for your design to be used and altered for production purposes.
Unfortunately we cannot accept video or animation due to the compatibility with our channels.
How to submit your design
All entries need to be submitted by 23:00 on Friday 13 November 2020.
Entries must be submitted via digital format and saved as a high quality JPEG or PNG file. Please note if your image is not high enough resolution then we may not be able to accept it into the competition.
Please send your finished entries to email@example.com with the title ‘UWE Bristol e-Card design competition’. Make sure you title the file with your name so we can identify it. Please include a short sentence about how your submission meets the entry requirements of representing either UWE Bristol or Bristol area.
Please note: Only one entry per person.
The University is offering a £250 prize to the winner as well as artist credit on the finished e-Card. The winning design will be sent out to a range of audiences including employers, politicians, civil servants, staff in other universities and supporters of UWE Bristol.
The entries will be shortlisted by a panel of judges who will choose a shortlist. The shortlisted entries will be placed on the UWE Bristol Facebook page and the UWE Bristol Staff Intranet on Friday 20 November until Thursday 26 November 2020 and the overall winner will be judged from the combined number of ‘likes’ the photos receive (across both channels) after this period has ended.
The competition is open to all current UWE staff, students and alumni of UWE Bristol.
Terms and conditions
- By entering the competition, you give your consent for us to use the image you have provided in a range of promotional materials.
- Your submitted entry will be owned by UWE Bristol and exclusively used by UWE Bristol as their Christmas card and cannot be distributed elsewhere for that sole purpose (i.e. to other companies).
- The promoter is UWE Bristol whose registered office is at Coldharbour Lane, Frenchay, Bristol, BS16 9QY.
- Employees connected with the judging of the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- The competition is only open to all current students, employees and alumni of the UWE Bristol.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry is 23:00 on Friday 13 November 2020. Entries made after this date will not be accepted.
- You must get people’s permission to enter the image if they can be clearly identified.
- You must own the copyright to the images you submit. UWE Bristol will have free use of all the pictures you submit, but you will retain ownership.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason, including past the deadline.
- The promoter may also use any of the shortlisted entries if deemed appropriate.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to communications within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Please read the full specifications. If you have any further questions, please contact Ele Reid, Events Assistant, on firstname.lastname@example.org.