MA Education in Virtual Worlds
We successfully launched our distance learning MA in Education in Virtual Worlds in September 2012. The course offers highly flexible opportunities for study as it takes place in Second Life.
New fee discounts announced for 2014/15! Apply for the MA or any individual modules BEFORE 31st AUGUST 2014 and receive a 40% discount against the standard fees. This makes fees for the whole MA £3600 spread over 2 years. Each taught module (i.e. not the dissertation or extended project modules) is £300 with assessment or £150 without assessment. If you have any questions just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for the whole of the Education in Virtual Worlds MA or just individual modules.
How the MA provides an opportunity for a community of learners to meet and develop in a virtual world.
An overview of the award with a module schedule, plus details of each module's content.
Students will be able to explore:
- Curriculum design in virtual worlds
- The psychology of the metaverse; cultural ethics and expectations
- Scripting, building and creating learning structures
- Educational simulations in virtual worlds
- 'Artificial Intelligence', non-player characters, bots etc and their use in education
- Research methods in virtual worlds...
...and more are outlined in the Programme Structure.
More information about the course and how you can study are in Course Details.