A roundup of the latest news story from Alumni and UWE supporters. If you have a story you'd like to share, we'd love to hear from you.
- Katherine Smart needs your support for Action on Pre-Eclampsia - 05/04/2013
UWE alumna Katherine Smart is raising money in very unusual and inventive ways, including taking on the challenge of the London marathon.
- Making an impact - UWE's Better Together Fund - 04/04/2013
Thanks to donations from alumni, staff and friends we have been able to fund 28 projects this year!
- Beating records and changing lives - 13/08/2012
The response to our 20th Anniversary e-appeal has been fantastic! Find out how we can beat our record, and raise more than we did last year, so we can make a difference to more lives.
- UWE's Better Together Fund helps to change lives in Africa and the UK - 19/07/2012
UWE is matching donations which will help choirs and dancers from a South African primary school perform in the UK and raise money for their education
- UWE alumni rugby reunion 2012 - 23/05/2012
The long awaited and highly competitive annual rugby match: UWE alumni verses the current UWE team. Not your typical rugby match!
- UWE's Better Together Fund transforms lives - 10/04/2012
Thanks to donations, UWE has been able to award funding to 15 projects in the community, 11 student experience projects and 9 hardship bursaries.
- Tips for travelling and working abroad
Graduate Rebecca Cheetham reflects on her experiences of teaching English and travelling in South Korea.
- Ex-Building student wins Construction Manager of the Year Award 2011 - 15/12/2011
Alumnus Roger Frost has won an award for his outstanding achievement as Project Manager for the building of the new £588m Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
- 10,000km later: UWE alumnus leads historic Silk Road expedition across the finish line - 06/10/2011
Alumnus Andrew Strachan successfully completes one of the most significant and ambitious challenges of 2011.
- Memorial service for Willy Dunscombe - 28/09/2011
Willy Dunscombe was the head of the Diploma in Valuation and Estate Management at Bristol Polytechnic in the 1970/80s.
- Graduating students transform lives by planting Degree Trees! - 08/08/2011
2011 graduates have been sowing seeds for community development in Malawi by donating to the Degree Tree project.
- Student Jack Gray receives Alumni award for outstanding contribution to performing arts at UWE - 16/06/2011
The vice-chancellor and other distinguished guests celebrated Jack's success at last week's prize-giving event.
- Applications now open for Conflict Zone Bursary thanks to generous donors and students - 10/05/2011
Funds raised by our students will enable gifted students to leave their war torn surroundings and study at UWE.
- Former UWE student leads ground-breaking expedition - 06/04/2011
Alumnus Andrew Strachan will attempt one of the most significant and ambitious challenges of 2011.
- New scholarship for students from conflict countries - 07/03/2011
A charitable project will enable students to escape their war torn surroundings and study at UWE.
- UWE graduates make their mark in the fashion world - 02/03/2011
Ambitious alumnae Frances Poulton and Joanna Wills are flying the flag for UWE fashion graduates.
- UWE graduate crowned UK Student of the Year 2010 - 08/02/2011
Congratulations are in order for UWE 2010 Graduate Robert Nichols, who has been crowned UK Student of the Year 2010.
- UWE Student wins BBC's Total Wipeout - 08/02/2011
Third year BBS student Ollie Beasant is celebrating after scooping a £10,000 prize by winning BBC's gameshow Total Wipeout.
- UWE alumna Miranda Hart dominates British Comedy Awards - 08/02/2011
Miranda Hart has won three awards at the British Comedy Awards, including Best New TV Comedy.
- UWE launches Better Together Fund - 17/01/2011
Is there a charitable cause you’re passionate about? Need funding to get a community project or idea off the ground? Find out how to apply or offer your support.
- Trio of Brit Award Nominations for UWE Graduate - 17/01/2011
UWE graduate Ted Dwane - of folk-rock foursome Mumford and Sons - is celebrating today after receiving a fantastic three nominations for this year’s Brit Awards.
- UWE alumna appointed OBE in Queen’s New Years Honours List - 17/01/2011
Congratulations to UWE alumna Lesley Cowley, who has been appointed OBE the Queen's New Year Honours list for services to the internet and e-commerce.