A roundup of the latest news story from Alumni and UWE supporters. If you have a story you'd like to share, we'd love to hear from you.
Law graduates share their tips for success with students
Current students and members of UWE Law Society were invited to attend an evening event at Frenchay campus in early February.
- Thailand UWE alumni dinner – August 2013 - 13/11/2013
This August UWE hosted its first free dinner and networking event in central Bangkok.
- Katherine Smart needs your support for Action on Pre-Eclampsia - 05/04/2013
UWE alumna Katherine Smart is raising money in very unusual and inventive ways, including taking on the challenge of the London marathon.
- Making an impact - UWE's Better Together Fund - 04/04/2013
Thanks to donations from alumni, staff and friends we have been able to fund 28 projects this year!
- Beating records and changing lives - 13/08/2012
The response to our 20th Anniversary e-appeal has been fantastic! Find out how we can beat our record, and raise more than we did last year, so we can make a difference to more lives.
- UWE's Better Together Fund helps to change lives in Africa and the UK - 19/07/2012
UWE is matching donations which will help choirs and dancers from a South African primary school perform in the UK and raise money for their education
- UWE alumni rugby reunion 2012 - 23/05/2012
The long awaited and highly competitive annual rugby match: UWE alumni verses the current UWE team. Not your typical rugby match!
- UWE's Better Together Fund transforms lives - 10/04/2012
Thanks to donations, UWE has been able to award funding to 15 projects in the community, 11 student experience projects and 9 hardship bursaries.
- Tips for travelling and working abroad
Graduate Rebecca Cheetham reflects on her experiences of teaching English and travelling in South Korea.
- Ex-Building student wins Construction Manager of the Year Award 2011 - 15/12/2011
Alumnus Roger Frost has won an award for his outstanding achievement as Project Manager for the building of the new £588m Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
- 10,000km later: UWE alumnus leads historic Silk Road expedition across the finish line - 06/10/2011
Alumnus Andrew Strachan successfully completes one of the most significant and ambitious challenges of 2011.
- Memorial service for Willy Dunscombe - 28/09/2011
Willy Dunscombe was the head of the Diploma in Valuation and Estate Management at Bristol Polytechnic in the 1970/80s.
- Graduating students transform lives by planting Degree Trees! - 08/08/2011
2011 graduates have been sowing seeds for community development in Malawi by donating to the Degree Tree project.
- Student Jack Gray receives Alumni award for outstanding contribution to performing arts at UWE - 16/06/2011
The vice-chancellor and other distinguished guests celebrated Jack's success at last week's prize-giving event.
- Applications now open for Conflict Zone Bursary thanks to generous donors and students - 10/05/2011
Funds raised by our students will enable gifted students to leave their war torn surroundings and study at UWE.
- Former UWE student leads ground-breaking expedition - 06/04/2011
Alumnus Andrew Strachan will attempt one of the most significant and ambitious challenges of 2011.
- New scholarship for students from conflict countries - 07/03/2011
A charitable project will enable students to escape their war torn surroundings and study at UWE.
- UWE graduates make their mark in the fashion world - 02/03/2011
Ambitious alumnae Frances Poulton and Joanna Wills are flying the flag for UWE fashion graduates.
- UWE graduate crowned UK Student of the Year 2010 - 08/02/2011
Congratulations are in order for UWE 2010 Graduate Robert Nichols, who has been crowned UK Student of the Year 2010.
- UWE Student wins BBC's Total Wipeout - 08/02/2011
Third year BBS student Ollie Beasant is celebrating after scooping a £10,000 prize by winning BBC's gameshow Total Wipeout.
- UWE alumna Miranda Hart dominates British Comedy Awards - 08/02/2011
Miranda Hart has won three awards at the British Comedy Awards, including Best New TV Comedy.
- UWE launches Better Together Fund - 17/01/2011
Is there a charitable cause you’re passionate about? Need funding to get a community project or idea off the ground? Find out how to apply or offer your support.
- Trio of Brit Award Nominations for UWE Graduate - 17/01/2011
UWE graduate Ted Dwane - of folk-rock foursome Mumford and Sons - is celebrating today after receiving a fantastic three nominations for this year’s Brit Awards.
- UWE alumna appointed OBE in Queen’s New Years Honours List - 17/01/2011
Congratulations to UWE alumna Lesley Cowley, who has been appointed OBE the Queen's New Year Honours list for services to the internet and e-commerce.